Tekashi 6ix9ine Says He’s "Struggling to Make Ends Meet" in Declaration to Judge
6ix9ine was hit with a civil lawsuit for his involvement in an armed robbery in 2018. The plaintiffs, Seketha Wonzer and Kevin Dozier, claim that the 25-year-old rapper was present when his Trey Nine Bloods associates ambushed them on April 3, 2018 in Manhattan.
According to the victims, who are also publicists, five armed men pulled up in an SUV and ordered them to get on the ground before taking their belongings.
The plaintiffs claim they were ambushed because 6ix9ine and his fellow gang members thought they were affiliated with J. Prince’s Rap-A-Lot Records. 6ix9ine pleaded guilty to both of these crimes as part of a deal with prosecutors during his racketeering trial.
6ix9ine said in a sworn declaration to the judge overseeing the case that he is “struggling to make ends meet.”
“Right now, I am struggling to make ends meet. I do not know if I will ever command the kind of advances I was paid before my arrest, and my career stalled,” 6ix9ine said, according to court documents obtained by Complex.
He says both his record deal and merchandise deal with TenThousand Projects expired last month.
“I did receive large advances under the recording artist and merchandising agreements prior to my arrest,” he states in the documents. “However, I do not receive any royalties under those agreements either since my royalty accounts remain unrecouped.”
6ix9ine maintains that any unfavorable verdict could potentially leave him bankrupt.
“It will surely bankrupt me in a way from which I will never recover to the permanent detriment and hardship of the family members who rely upon me,” he stated.