Search
  • AOD staff

Tory Lanez Posted $350,000 Bail After His Arrest in Megan Thee Stallion Case



Previously, it was revealed that Tory Lanez was handcuffed in court and remanded to custody until he posts a $350,000 bail in the Megan Thee Stallion felony assault case. Now, the rapper’s lawyer revealed Lanez posted the hefty bail.


According to reporter Nancy Dillion, the bail amount Lanez was supposed to post was $250,000 but was increased to $350,000. “Bail bondsman just left after posting the new $350,000 amount, an increase from $250,000. Lanez should be released soon. His father still waiting outside [the] courtroom. This all happens in [the] courthouse,” said Dillon.




Lanez’s lawyer Shawn Holley said “The DA requested no bail, or in the alternative, $5 million bail, and the court rejected those arguments and increased bail to $350,000. And that bail is being posted now.” Stay tuned for more updates.




Previously, the Los Angeles County D.A.’s Office issued a statement saying they are confident evidence supports the felony assault charge for Tory Lanez in the alleged shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. Now, news surfaced noting that Tory Lanez was reportedly handcuffed while in court.



The rapper reportedly arrived at the Los Angeles courthouse for his hearing in the felony assault case. According to Rolling Stone reporter Nancy Dillion, Lanez ultimately was handcuffed in court and remanded to custody until he posts bail of $350,000. The judge in the case reportedly found Lanez in violation of the personal contact order against him and a discovery protective order.


Dillon went on to say, “Judge David Herriford heard nearly an hour of argument about Lanez's tweets and said some "seem to be clear messages" to Megan. He added a new condition to Lanez's release that he's ‘not to mention the complaining witness in this case in any social media.’” As of now, Lanez’s trial date has been set for September 14, 2022.